Booking for Sunday’s service in Hilton Church Building
Hilton Church Service – 13th June 2021
Please note that Sunday Club has now resarted on Sundays in the large hall – see separate booking form for Sunday Club below.
As per Government instructions we can only accommodate a maximum of around 50 in total in the building for each service. We will continue to live stream the service on Facebook each Sunday morning so that those who cannot be present in person will still be able to watch it live at home.
We really do want people to come but we also want people to be aware of the medical advice relating to any health risk involved in coming. In this regard, the Church of Scotland has put together an Assessment ‘Tool’ which you can read/download here.
How do I book a seat?
Those who wish to attend must book their seat in advance. Please click here to access an online booking form: Church booking form – 13th June
Please complete this form and submit it by Wednesday evening if you wish to reserve a seat on Sunday. If you are not able to access the form or complete it online, you can also book a seat by phoning the Church Office on 01463 233310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. On Thursday or Friday Jane will contact those who have completed the form or been in touch to advise if you have been allocated a seat or not.
If we are oversubscribed, those who we are unable to offer a place for the immediate Sunday will be given first priority the following Sunday, unless they do not wish it.
We’re delighted that Sunday Club will re-commence in the large hall this Sunday. You will need to book your child/ren in advance so that we have track & trace details etc, please use the link below. If you wish to attend the service while your children are in Sunday Club you must also complete the service booking form above. Sunday Club will meet in the large hall and the garden, children should be dropped off at the entrance to the large hall before the service begins. All children aged 4ish up to P7 are welcome.
Things to note:
- If allocated a seat, please arrive by 9.50 am to ensure that everybody is seated before the service and livestream begin.
- Entrance to the building must be by the door nearest the kitchen, at the rear of the building.
- Signage will be in place and somebody will be on hand to welcome you and direct you where to sit. If they are already speaking to someone else please maintain a safe distance and wait until you are signalled to enter the building.
- Your household will be allocated seats together and 2m from others.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance and exit.
- The doors may be open to aid ventilation, please dress appropriately.
- We won’t uplift an offering.
- There will be no crèche available.
- There will be no congregational singingcan now take place, face coverings must still be worn by those singing.
- Your household will be allocated seats together and at least 2m from others.
- There will be no tea or coffee served and the kitchen, large and small halls will not be accessible. If you need water, please take your own.
- We are required to keep a register, for a period of 21 days, of those who attend to support contact tracing as part of NHS Scotland’s Test and Protect programme.
It is a legal requirement that anyone who attends a church building must wear an appropriate face covering at all times unless there is a reasonable excuse for not wearing one. Reasonable excuses are defined under the Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions) (Scotland) Regulations 2020 and members of the congregation and visitors to the church building should familiarise themselves with these exemptions
Face coverings are only required to be worn indoors; however, congregations should respect an individual’s choice to wear a face covering whilst outside the church building. It is important to remember that whether a face covering is worn or not outside of the church building, physical distancing of 2m between individuals must be followed at all times.
There will be several hand sanitation stations placed throughout the building.
Keep up to date by viewing the website and Facebook page.
Ensure you have ‘booked in’ with Jane in the office and received confirmation of your seat allocation before attending a service, we can only admit those who have advised us in advance that they will be attending.
If you or any of your household have symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, cold, high temperature etc), please respect other people’s health and DO NOT attend in person – view the live-stream instead.
Finally, please refer to the latest medical and government advice for more information.